Recreation League and Programs Director - Summer 2016
Alexandria Soccer Association (ASA), a professionally managed and volunteer supported youth soccer club located in Alexandria, Virginia, is seeking a well-qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Recreation starting late Summer (or earlier). ASA is accepting applications on a rolling basis.
ASA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide instructional and competitive soccer programs that develop and motivate youth to love the game, build character, and make a positive impact on the diverse Alexandria, Virginia, and surrounding communities. With an emphasis on serving youth in the community, ASA provides much more than the traditional soccer leagues.
ASA offers recreational and travel soccer, as well as numerous supplemental programs and community building initiatives, throughout the year. The recreational league hosts more than 3,000 children, while the travel program includes 50+ teams with over 700 players competing in different leagues (EDP, Region league, NCSL, WAGS and ODSL). ASA has established a strong presence and quality reputation with the Alexandria and surrounding communities. ASA has built an i mpressive group of office, technical and coaching staff and is looking to build on and broaden the quality of the current ASA recreation experience with the addition of a new Recreation League Director.
Recreation League Director
The Director of Recreation is a full-time salaried position that has non-standard hours. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and oversees the recreation league as well as specific supplemental programs and events.
Management Experience: Prefer applicant with soccer specific program and event management experience. Familiarity of the recreation league structure and execution process is preferred. Coaching education, experience and is preferred though not required. Experience working with a non-profit organization is a plus.
All ASA staff must pass annual background checks.
· Demonstrated leadership qualities
· Ability to help develop and execute a vision for the future success of the club
· Ability to work with the ED and ASA staff to promote the direction of the club at the youngest ages
· Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to relate to and motivate youth and adults
· Demonstrated integrity and reliance on ethically sound standards
· Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule
· Proven computer skills, including ability to use word, excel, powerpoint and email.
· Experience in managing data
Description of Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Recreation league program director
a. Evaluate then improve the quality of the league operation, execution and structure for its 3,000+ participants
(2) Execute the Fall kickoff and Spring soccerfest
a. Oversee the general operations of the two major recreation league events
(3) Additional Responsibilities may include:
a. Communication, Marketing and Public Relations
b. Upkeep and maintenance of applicable program web content
c. Additional duties as directed by the Executive Director
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Please send resume, letter of interest and 3 references to Thomas Park, ASA’s Executive Director at email@example.com