Winter Speed, Agility, and Injury Prevention Course
This course provides U12+ ASA travel players the opportunity to enhance their soccer skill set and overall athleticism with a 5-week intensive course. This course focuses on muscle strength and speed training that will make our players more durable, agile, and mentally focused on athletic goals. We achieve this with two 1-hour classes per week and homework for goal tracking and exercise reinforcement.
The course teaches:
- Competitive mindset and goal setting
- Flexibility training
- Strengthening for the core, neck, back, ankles, hips, knees, shoulders, and feet
- Individual feedback on running technique
Jennifer Schwartz-Biggle MS aka Coach Jenn
ASA Director of Injury Prevention and Fitness and lead instructor. Jenn’s course is a blend of thousands of hours experience of training competitive soccer players and treating soccer related injuries with Muscle Activation Techniques.
Dr. Victor Washington DPT
Dr. Washington is a decorated military veteran of the United States. While being injured in Iraq he accidently fell in love with a new career, Physical Therapy. He operates a boutique practice and has extensive experience with sport conditioning, fitness and rehab.
Chris Worrell MS ATC
Chris is an experienced Athletic Trainer and trainer based in Northern Virginia. He works with Division I collegiate athletes in the training and weight room. His work experience includes West Virginia University, Washington Capitals, DC United and George Washington University.
- Maximum of 30 players
- 5-week/10 session course
- Witter field (2700 Witter St., Alexandria, VA 22314)
- Fort Ward (4401 W. Braddock Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304)
- 2 classes per week (Monday each week + either Thursday -or- Saturday session)
- Mondays @ 5:00pm (1/11, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15)
- Thursdays @ 5:00pm (1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/4, 2/11) -or- Saturday mornings @ 9:00am (1/16, 1/23*, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13)
- *January 23rd session will be at Fort Ward turf field
- $200 for the full 10-session program
- If you cannot attend all 10 sessions, please contact Ryan Rich, firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-684-5425 for a pro-rated option.