The ASA Academy Director is ASA’s lead Academy program administrator, reporting directly to the Deputy Director — Academy & Futsal. The director will guide the management of all Academy program execution, sharing some duties while being solely responsible for others.
The Alexandria Academy program is one of the largest in the country with extremely passionate players and supportive parents. The program is nationally recognized for it’s well developed curriculum led by an impressive team of staff coaches. The club seeks an experienced program director with exceptional administrative skills to lead, under the guidance of the ASA Deputy Director — Academy & Futsal, the most comprehensive ASA program.
Academy Program Summary
- 60 teams in national, regional and local leagues
- 900+ Academy program players
- 50 USSF licensed staff coaches
- 5 support staff (GK, college, mental training, & injury prevention)
- Players average 200 hours of physical activity annually
Summary of primary goals
- Provide the gold standard in soccer education
- Grow participation from least represented populations
- Develop and support staff in line with organization growth
- Overall increase in individual and team competitiveness
Club Wide Outcomes we seek
- Contribute to a healthier (BMI & fitness) and happier (confidence) youth community
- Measurable increase in number of student athletes graduating high school city wide
- Infuse passion and desire into youth community to interact with soccer into adulthood
Roles and Responsibilities Summary
- Own Academy program goals and measures
- Manage the Academy program operations
- Manage yearly calendar of practices, games and competitions for all Academy teams
- Organize yearly tryout registration system and oversee tryout process of 1000+ participants and 60+ teams
- Manage team creation and registration in ASA system and Virginia Youth Soccer’s team database
- Setup and manage online uniform ordering system for teams and players
- Archive, maintain and act as point of contact for TeamSnap scheduling software
- Act as team manager liaison: help identify team managers and provide support, training and administrative help
- Own and manage CCL game day schedules
- Manage league and tournament registrations for all teams
- Manage Academy coaches; train, hire, onboard, oversee schedules and help disseminate information
- Liaison for the technical team, coaches team and manager team.
- Support the Tournament Director in events that host our Academy teams
- Coach one Academy team with max flexibility | Supplementary role
Qualities, Skills and Qualifications:
- Appreciation for the power of sport to positively impact our community
- Alignment with ASA’s Values
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Advanced administrative skills
- Expert communicator with conflict resolution experience
- Management and operations experience
- Coaching experience preferred
- 9am- 4:00 pm (35 hrs) Monday- Friday for core office hours; 5–10 hrs on field weekly — supporting both coaches and managers.
- Available for special events, meetings or program management on various nights and weekends as needed to achieve goals.
- Work from home and flex options can be explored after first quarter
As soon as March 2019 though we can be flexible should one need more time to transition from current job/location.
Very competitive base salary with full benefits package including 401(k) matching program, health insurance, cell phone and generous paid time off. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and references to Executive Director Tommy Park ([email protected]). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.