Interested in joining the ASA Team?
ASA’s front office staff, along with 65+ staff coaches, make up a passionate, supportive and hard-working team. Our mission is to provide high quality instructional soccer and futsal programs that develop and motivate youth, build character, and make a positive impact on Alexandria and the surrounding communities.
ASA offers recreational, futsal and travel soccer, as well as numerous supplemental programs and community building initiatives throughout the year for over 5,000 youth and adult players. The club has established a strong presence and quality reputation in the #ASACommunity.
The vision of the club is to be the gold standard for community based soccer clubs—creating a lifelong love of soccer and impacting the community beyond the sport. We’re looking for energetic and hard-working team members with a passion for working in their community and supporting youth players.
Full Time Position
About This Role:
The Recreation Director is part of the full time office staff who serve the youth and adults in Alexandria and the surrounding communities through year-round programming. The Recreational League is open to kids in PreK – 12th grade and is open to all experience levels. ASA’s outreach programs and initiatives help bring soccer to over 2,500 recreational players a year, giving the gift of soccer to many who would otherwise not be exposed to organized soccer programming, and providing a bridge to participation in our core programs.
– Support over 150 volunteer coaches
– Communicate regularly with the recreational league families
– Secure and schedule optimal practice and game fields each season
– Host clinics, meetings, socials, uniform distribution days to engage the community
– Manage contractors and vendors who help provide value to the league experience
– Oversee registration, player placements and team creation
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in management, marketing, communications, athletics, sociology, social work or other relevant field
– Program management, project coordinator, or similar role, at least 3+ years
– Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
– Coaching/Mentoring/Teaching/Social Work experience preferred.
– All ASA staff must pass annual background checks.
– Passionate and committed to the ASA’s mission, vision and values
– Demonstrated leadership qualities
– Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– Ability to relate to and motivate youth and adults
– Demonstrated integrity and reliance on ethically sound standards
– Flexibility in working a non-traditional work schedule
– Proven computer skills, including Google Suite – Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc
– Experience in managing and presenting data
When Can I Start: ASA is accepting applications on a rolling basis with the goal of starting this summer (or earlier).
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Please send resume, letter of interest and three references to Thomas Park, ASA’s Executive Director at [email protected]. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Hiring on a rolling basis
The Academy program is ASA’s most comprehensive program, supporting players with over 250 hours of professionally guided on-field and off-field learning opportunities throughout the year. Teams train two or three times per week, compete in various tournaments during the year (primarily fall and spring) and are led by USSF/NSCAA licensed coaches.
Academy (travel soccer) coaches are mentors, teachers and coaches to kids in the program. ASA focuses on wholistic development of every participant, considering mental, emotional and behavioral components beyond just soccer. Coaches provide a safe and enjoyable learning environment where kids are challenged, improve their soccer skills, build relationships with teammates and learn to grow. Academy coaches should foster teamwork, teach resiliency and humility and foster self confidence in all participants.
ASA provides in-house coaching education and will provide mentorship and guidance in executing club tactical curriculum and training activities. ASA is actively recruiting entry level coaches as well as experienced coaches ready for a higher level of competition. Academy teams play in a variety of leagues stemming from local leagues up through MLS Next and EDP National Leagues.
- 1-3 years of experience coaching soccer (teams, camps, clinics, etc)
- USSF Grassroots License
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of soccer
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain professional and effective relationships with Academy administrative staff, parents and kids
- Grow a passion and a love for soccer by delivering safe, fun and engaging training sessions
- Arrive on time and prepared for all training sessions and games
- Be engaged and attentive
- Communicate with parents in a timely and professional manner
- Follow ASA Academy program and curriculum guidelines
This is a part-time role. Equipment will be provided, pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Coaches are supported by a full-time administrative staff (operations, tournament registration, communication, facilities, etc), team managers and more. Coaches must pass a background test. Please submit your resume with a short email about why you are interested in the coaching in the Academy program to Adem Gokturk at [email protected]
Part-time position, immediate opening
ASA is looking to fill immediate positions for Fall programming. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have adjusted guidelines for all programming to account for the safety and health of all kids and families. Coaches will be asked to follow safety measures such as social distancing, mask wearing, sanitizing equipment and more.
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working with children, no coaching experience necessary. ASA is offering a number of unique programs this Fall with a variety of schedules (day, evening, weekend).
Coaches are responsible for following program guidelines (will vary) and ensuring kids safety and enjoyment. ASA will provide coaches with equipment (cones, pinnies, balls), training, and age appropriate activities for sessions. We are currently working to build out Fall programs and will provide more information about specific programs to interested applicants.
Provide gold standard program execution
Ensure fun, active, enjoyable experience
Be on time, energetic and engaging for each session
Correspond with supervisor in a timely manner, as needed
This is a part-time, entry level position ideal for a high school or college student interested in working with kids! Training will be provided, pay is competitive and commensurate with experience. Coaches must pass a background test. Please submit your resume (soccer or non-soccer experience with kids a plus!) with a short email about why you are interested in the role and your general availability to Jim Hogan at [email protected]