/Alexandria Harvest Cup
Alexandria Harvest Cup | 9v9 & 11v11
November 19-21 | Boys & Girls Divisions
Alexandria Soccer is thrilled to host the 2nd annual Fall Recreational Tournament for U12-U19 teams. Teams aged U12 (6th grade) will play 9v9, and U13+ teams will play 11v11. The tournament will be played on premium turf fields around the City of Alexandria. Goal differentials of more than 5 points will not be recorded. Teams are encouraged to avoid running up scores. No Travel/Academy players are permitted to participate. Championship and Finalist teams will receive medals.
Register with confidence knowing that ASA:
- Maintains regular contact with local government and health officials
- Closely tracks the guidelines that the CDC, US Soccer and US Youth Soccer have publicized
- Has implemented safety standards for players, coaches, referee’s and spectators. Rules will be posted publicly online and in-person at fields.
- Will refund 100% of the registration fee if the entire tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19
November 3, 2021
Team Check-in Deadline
November 12, 2021
U12+ | Harvest CupAmerica's Cup Series
U12 — 9v9 | U13+ — 11v11
Two games guaranteed
Boys & Girls Divisions
Games played on premium turf fields
Games played on 9v9 size for U12 (6th grade) and 11v11 size for U13+, lined turf fields in Alexandria
Length of Halves
- 25 minute halves U12
- 30 minutes halves U13-U14
- 35 minutes halves U15-U19
– Take place in front of teams bench rather than at the halfway line
Free Kick Rules
– Defending team must be 10 yards from the spot of the foul
– Penalty Kicks are taken from 10 yards
If issued a yellow or red card, player should state their name to referee for notes and should also be confirmed with by the coach
Please note: Travel / Academy players (from ASA or other clubs) are not permitted to participate. Tournament staff will check rosters against Virginia Youth Soccer Association’s travel database to ensure teams are made up of Rec players only.
Documents must be completed and submitted to Cindy Lopez, [email protected]. Please make the subject line: “Harvest Cup Check-in.”
Documents should include:
- Team Roster (PDF format) OR Team Roster directly from your Club Representative
- Birth Certificate, Passport or State ID and a Liability Release form for each team member. (Please combine all docs into one pdf. We recommend Genius Scan) Note: If you are submitting a roster directly from your Club Rep, we do not need proof of age or Liability Waiver.
- Medical Release Form for each team member (please combine docs into one pdf)
- Each participant must sign this online waiver in order to participate.
Teams Withdrawing and Refund Policy
- Unless related to COVID-19 as explained below, no refunds will be given to teams withdrawing after November 5, 2021.
- COVID cancellation policy: if the entire tournament is cancelled due to COVID-19, teams will receive a 100% refund.
- General Tournament Cancellation: If the entire tournament is cancelled by Alexandria Soccer Association for any reason other than COVID-19, teams will receive up to 50% refund of the registration fee, after all fixed costs are covered. No refunds will be given if any games are played on the tournament weekend.
- Team Cancellation: If a team must withdraw on are after November 5th due to a COVID-19 case or exposure the team may receive a 50% refund or 75% credit to a future ASA tournament. Documentation of COVID scenario must be provided.
Inclement Weather Policy
All teams must show up ready to play at the site, regardless of weather, unless otherwise directed by the tournament director or tournament staff. Matches will be forfeited if a team does not show as scheduled. Only tournament officials or referees may cancel or postpone a match. In the case of severe weather, the referee and/or tournament director may suspend a match based on judgment.
If the entire event/tournament weekend is cancelled by Alexandria Soccer Association for any reason, accepted teams will receive up to 50% refund of the registration fee, after all fixed costs are covered. No refunds will be given if any games are played on the tournament weekend.
If a player, coach, or spectator who attends an Alexandria soccer tournament becomes infected with COVID-19, please complete the form below.