ASA adult League Rules and Policies
Adult League Rules and Policies
ASA expects individuals to respect the league's culture of fair, fun, competitive play. Inappropriate language and rough play will not be tolerated and individuals or teams who do not adhere to ASA standards or sportsmanship may be asked to leave the league. Abusive or threatening behaviour towards another player, fan, referee or administrator will not be tolerated. Fighting will not be tolerated. Any teams or players involved in a fight will be suspended from the current season with the potential for a lifetime suspension.
Team captains are given the option to pay for an entire team or split the payment between a set number of individual players during the registration process. All players must be 19 years of age or older.
A complete roster along with online player waiver release forms for each player must be submitted prior to the first scheduled game of the season. A team that has not submitted these forms by the first game will have their scheduled games declared a forfeit until all such information is received. If a player fails to complete/submit their online player waiver release form, all liability and legal issues will be the responsibility of the team captain. Alexandria Soccer is not responsible for players that do not submit an online waiver. All players are required to complete the online player waiver release form for each season in which they participate.
If a team needs to forfeit a league game, they must alert the League Director a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled kickoff (if you see a schedule conflict early ASA will try to reschedule the game). Confirmation of forfeits should be sent to [email protected] Failure inform ASA within the 24 hour timeline will result in a $75 fee that will need to be paid before your next game.
The referee will start the clock at the scheduled kickoff time. If a team is short players to start the game they can pick up guest players from another team at the fields or courts. Team Captains from both teams need to agree on this.
- Game Cancellations: Games played on turf fields will still be played in the event of rain. ASA may make a decision to cancel games due to extreme weather conditions such as accumulating snow, freezing rain or extreme temperatures.
- Cancellation Notification: Alexandria Soccer makes every effort to provide as much advance notice as possible when forced to cancel games. Notification will go out via email. Players are encouraged to check in with their team captains prior to traveling to games.
- Suspended Games: If, due to weather conditions, safety conditions, or referee discretion, a game is halted prior to halftime, it will be replayed (field time permitting). A game halted at halftime or later can stand as indicated by the score when the game was halted.
- Rescheduled Games: Alexandria Soccer will attempt to reschedule as many games as possible that are canceled due to weather. In extreme circumstances, such as more than three games in a season being called off due to weather, it may not be possible to replay all matches, and refunds will be provided on a prorated basis.
Teams have two weeks (14 days) to inform the league of an incorrect score posted to the website/standings. If they find the error after 15 days, the league cannot guarantee the score will be changed.
Three points for a win, one point for a tie and 0 points for a loss. A 3-0 loss will be posted for a team that forfeits a game.
- Two 30-minute halves with a 2 minute half time
- Maximum roster size is 16 players
- No jewelry is permitted
- Shin guards are mandatory
- Each team shall be responsible for providing a game ball. Alexandria Soccer is not responsible for a game ball should it be lost or stolen.
Teams may not have more than five (5) male players on the field at any time. If a team does not have the required two female players they must play short.
If a team arrives at the field and does not have enough players for the game they are allowed to invite guest players to join them for that particular game (players from another team at the field may be interested in playing another game). Both Team Captains must agree to the guest players and let the referee know whether the game will be considered as 3-0 loss for the team that didn’t have enough players or if it will still count as a regular game.
Substitutions are allowed by referee permission at any throw-in, corner kick, goal kick and kick-off.
- Slide tackling is NOT permitted. A slide tackle is defined as sliding for a ball when in the close proximity of another player (no matter where on the field).
- Performance of a slide tackle may be grounds for a yellow card.
- The correct restart is a direct kick for the opposing team.
- Players may slide when not creating a dangerous play, i.e. sliding to keep the ball in bounds.
- Goalkeepers are allowed to slide if attempting to block a shot or make a save. Some incidental contact with an attacking player may be allowed, as long as the goalkeeper is CLEARLY playing the ball. Goalkeepers are not allowed to slide in an effort to tackle an opposing player.
- The defending team must be 7 yards from the ball.
- Penalty kicks are taken from 10 yards.
- There will be NO offside in the 7v7 game.
Goalkeepers cannot punt, drop-kick or throw the ball over half line. He or she can roll the ball on the ground and kick it over the half-line when applicable. The penalty for playing the ball over half is an indirect kick from the middle line.
- Yellow Card – Referees will immediately substitute a player out for a minimum of two (2) minutes.
- Red Card – A player receiving a red card, or two yellow cards in the same match, must leave the field premises, sight, and sound, without substitution.
Discipline – The Team Captain assumes the responsibility regarding team leadership and maintenance of order and discipline. Alexandria Soccer expects each Team Captain to set a positive example for his or her players in promoting good sportsmanship and self control. If a player not registered with Alexandria Soccer receives a Red Card during a game, the Team Captain will be asked to serve the player’s suspension.
In the event that a player receives a red card, he or she will be asked to sit-out a minimum of one game. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to ensure that this suspension is served. Alexandria Soccer also reserves the right to suspend players from league play. This is at the sole discretion of Alexandria Soccer and cannot be appealed. Registration fees will not be refunded to suspended players.
Futsal League Rules & Policies
We offer different divisions of competition to offer appropriate levels of play for everyone. Division Red is the most competitive division for players with significant soccer or futsal experience. Division White is for slightly less experienced players or those that are looking for a slightly slower speed of play.
We have two different leagues – Coed and Men’s. For coed futsal there must be one (1) women on the court at all times.
All players must be 19 or older.
Teams should wear matching jersey’s for games — they do not need numbers on the back. Teams that register a full roster may provide their own jerseys. Teams that are created from individual agents are encouraged to purchase ASA futsal jerseys (two jerseys, black and neon yellow, for $20 total). You can purchase jersey’s at any point, once your team is finalized you may contact our offices to purchase jerseys.