In mid-June a group of boys born in 2008, 2009, and 2010 traveled to Barcelona, Spain for a week of soccer competition, sightseeing, great food and professional matches. Upon touching down in Spain the group headed straight to the beach to enjoy the beautiful weather and sights. Of course a bit of beach soccer broke out and the trip was officially off and running!
- Beach soccer at Platja De Gava
- Training at FC Barcelona with coaches and match against Unio Esportiva Sant Vience
- Youth Futsal Tournament with EFS Jordi Torras, Futsal Sant Feliu
- Attending La Final, the annual championship series of the Spanish Pro Futsal League: FC Barcelona Futsal vs. Jaen Paraiso Interior FS
- Camp Nou Stadium Tour, visiting Olympic Stadium Lluis Companys
- More beach time and sightseeing around Barcelona
- Futsal training session with FCB Futsal Coaching Staff
- Touring and training at La Masia – Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper
ASA has been traveling to Barcelona for several years, working with our partners at FC Barcelona to create unforgettable training and match opportunities for the participants.
The Barcelona trips are a great mix of sightseeing, soccer and futsal training and matches, taking in the professional soccer/futsal scene and enjoying the culture and food of a new country. As kids packed to return home and readied to catch their flight back to the United States, the chaperones and kids alike agreed that they were not ready to leave.
We’ll be back next summer with a new group of Academy participants!