ASA is committed to the following principles:
- Establishing and sustaining a club community that shares the collective responsibility to address, eliminate, and prevent actions, decisions, and outcomes that result from and perpetuate racism.
- Eliminating inequitable practices and cultivating the unique gifts, talents and interests of every child to end the predictive value of social or cultural factors, such as race, class, or gender, on participant success.
- Respecting and championing the diversity and life experiences of all community members to support the club’s mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives.
- Acknowledging that racism is often compounded by other forms of discrimination.
- Personal and institutional racism have historically existed and continue to exist in the association, community and country. Combating racism in our club is a legal and moral imperative.
- In this association, there are significant disparities between racial groups in participation and in organizational structure. These equity gaps exist because of inequitable access to opportunities that have significant intergenerational effects and perpetuate economic, social, and educational inequity. However, racial inequities were created over time and can be eliminated. Similarly, personal prejudice is learned and can be unlearned. Educators play a vital role in reducing racism and inequity by recognizing the manifestations of racism, creating culturally inclusive learning and working environments, and dismantling educational systems that directly or indirectly perpetuate racism and privilege through teaching, policy, and practice.
- The purpose of this policy is to eliminate all forms of racism from the Association in conjunction with related Board policies.
Alexandria Soccer recently released a public commitment to take a stand against racism and not stay silent on the social injustices in our country. We also committed to listening and to learning. We committed to educating ourselves, our staff, and our coaches so that we can support our #ASACommunity and use our collective voice as a positive force for change. We take a stand against racial injustice.
ASA Discrimination & Harassment Policy
Alexandria Soccer Association (ASA) has a zero tolerance policy for discrimination, harassment and racism. This policy applies to actions both in-person and online. ASA prides itself in living and teaching our ASA core values every day.
ASA does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
ASA Core Values
We Create Community
We Are Accountable
We Develop The Whole Person
All stakeholders (players, coaches, volunteers, staff, and parents, among others) should behave with respect, empathy, and cultural sensitivity toward all participants and community members.
Any concerns about any type of discrimination or harassment that are in violation of the above core values should be directed to ASA’s Accountability & Support Form.
Stakeholders found to be engaging in any type of discrimination or harassment will be subject to corrective or disciplinary action at the discretion of the ASA Leadership.