COVID-19 Policies & Protocols
ASA Isolation & Quarantine Guidlines
ASA, in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), and the Alexandria Health Department (AHD) maintain the following protocol for return to play.
- Positive COVID-19 test result | If a participant receives a positive test result (regardless of vaccination status), they are required to isolate (stay home and away from others) for at least five days. Day one is the first full day after your symptoms started. If you never had symptoms, day one is the first full day after your positive test. Participants may return to play on day six if they meet the following criteria:
- Player remains asymptomatic or any symptoms have improved;
- They have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the assistance of fever-reducing medications.
- Continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others for 5 additional days. Those who cannot mask should isolate themselves for 10 days.
- Exposure to COVID-19 | Regardless of your vaccination status or if you already had a prior COVID-19 infection, these are the next steps you should take after exposure:
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others inside your home and indoors in public through day 10.
- Watch for symptoms. If you develop symptoms, isolate immediately and follow isolation guidance.
- Test on day six if possible (five full days after exposure). If you test positive for COVID-19, follow the isolation guidance above.
Questions? Email Jeff at [email protected]